What is Gout – Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Gout is a common man’s disease these days. In view of faulty food habits, sedentary lifestyle, and lack of exercise, the disease has become a widespread affliction. Most commonly identified with attack of severe pain and inflammation in the big toe, the disease can progress to variety of other body joints. When uric acid levels tend to soar up high in the body, they tend to develop around the joints in the form of crystals. For those who wonder about “What is Gout” can identify the disease with following symptoms:
- Tenderness and redness of the joint or multiple joints of the body.
- Painful movement of the joints.
- Development of fever and chills along with pain and inflammation.
- Shiny red to purplish skin around the toe joint area which is painful to touch.
- Covering of the joint even with a light sheet of cloth is excruciatingly painful.
- Injury or blow to the joint.
- Phases of dehydration.
- Excessive intake of purine rich foods.
- Recent surgery
- Heavy intake of alcohol
- Prolonged fever