Find out Quick & Easy Remedies for Gout
Hyperuricemia is the common cause behind the development of Gout. A huge number of people suffer from this painful form of arthritis all over the world. In view of wide extent of the disease, there is variety of measures to resolve the symptoms. There are many advanced medical treatments that can help provide relief from excruciating pain and inflammation. However, in view of the side effects of chemical based formulas, more and more people are getting inclined towards trying on home Remedies for Gout. When a Gout attack occurs, it can be debilitating to the point that moving the affected joint and covering it can be unbearably painful. It can significantly limit the patient’s activities of daily living. Whereas medications offer quick and effective relief from the trouble, they come with one side effect or the other. In the earlier days, Gout was treated naturally with home based remedies. These remedies have proven efficacy to provide relief from the disease symptoms from many centuries. If you too are fed up with trying on medications to get temporarily relief, in order to combat the disease in long term, it is best to give a few natural remedies a try. Most effective natural Remedies for Gout include:
- If you are troubled with numbness of the affected joint, using ice packs over the joint can greatly help neutralize the pain. You can use frozen peas for the same as well. However, it is important not to apply ice packs for a prolonged period of time to eliminate the chances of frostbite. Do not leave the ice pack on for more than 10 minutes.
- Drinking plenty of water can help flush out the toxins from the body. Drinking 8 glasses of water everyday can help keep the Gout attack at bay. It can greatly help address pain and mobility issues related with the disease.
- Use of herbal formulations can also help with disease symptoms. You can try on brewing some herbal tea. You can reap benefits from the herbs like alfalfa, celery seeds, bilberry, etc. They can be easily availed from the nearest herbal store. You can also consult your family physician to seek advice on the herbal remedy in conjunction to your regular Gout treatment. As these herbs come without any side effects, they offer a safe measure to control the symptoms.
- Fruits offer a great vitamin supplement and are packed with rich anti-oxidants to fight off with disease symptoms. Cherries have proven efficacy to fight off the disease symptoms to a significant extent. You can add them to your favorite salad or extract juice. Consumption of cherries, pineapples, blueberries, strawberries, and citrus fruits can greatly help provide the body with nutrition to keep the disease symptoms away.
- Cutting on the intake of caffeine, eliminating alcohol, and quitting smoking are preventative measures for the disease.
- Introducing daily light exercise can increase joint mobility and offer a great way to alleviate Gouty pain. Trying on range of motion exercises at least once a day can help with endurance and alleviation of symptoms.
- Soaking the effected joint in Epsom salt can help lessen the symptoms. Being rich in magnesium, Epsom salts offer a popular remedy to fight off the pain that comes with the disease.