Quick and Easy Methods for Gout Relief
Not too long ago, Gout was popularly known as rich man’s disease. But recently, as the good food and alcohol is in the reach of ordinary man, this disease is not limited to only rich men. In fact, Gout has become the most common form of arthritis. Many people who tend to experience Gout attacks tend to feel frustrated with the excruciating pain and look for the ways to seek effective Gout Relief. There are many medications that can help ease up the symptoms of Gout but they come with one side effect or the other. Prolonged use of these medications is not advisable for most of the patients. This is the reason why more and more people opt for natural methods to ease off the symptoms. These home based methods are not only easy to try but they are efficacious as well. Most of the commonly used methods to relieve Gout suffering include:
- Epsom salt soaks – When Gout attack comes to the big toe, soaking the food in a tub of hot water with Epsom salt can help give a soothing effect and takes the pain away. It is also greatly helpful in flushing the toxins from the body. The magnesium contained in the Epsom salt can improve the circulation of blood and lower the blood pressure.
- Applying flaxseed and charcoal paste – Mixture of flaxseeds, warm water, and powdered charcoal can be applied to the affected joint for effective pain relief.
- Ice packs – Using ice packs for 15 to 20 minutes multiple times during the day can bring a significant decline in the pain and swelling.
- Range of motion Exercises – If you have a sedentary lifestyle, it is important to introduce light exercises in your daily regime. Doing range of motion exercises daily for a couple of minutes can greatly help mobilize the joint and increases their endurance.
- Fruit diet – Introduce a lots of fresh fruits in your diet. Fruits like strawberries, cherries, and lime are blessed with nutrients that are essential to combat the effects of Gout. Cherries have also been called ‘wonder fruit’ for Gout. Daily intake of these foods in the diet can ease the symptoms and significantly delay the onset of Gout attacks.
- Plenty of water – Water is very useful when it comes to flushing out of the toxins from the body. Drinking two to three liters of water everyday can help flush away the excess uric acid from the body. It helps as a neutralizing agent to fight off the effects of uric acid.
- Apple cider vinegar – Besides providing an effective cure for plenty of other medical conditions, apple cider vinegar can greatly help Gout patients. In order to consume orally, you can make a mixture of apple cider vinegar with two tablespoons of organic honey. This can greatly bring improvement in Gout symptoms.
- Cutting on the intake of alcohol and moderating the intake of caffeinated beverages is another great way to get relief from pain and inflammation caused by Gout.