What measures to take for Gout Prevention?
A large number of people all over the world are afflicted of Gout. Recurrent pain and inflammation are the common characteristics of this painful disease. Most of the people rely on medications to seek immediate relief from the symptoms. If you are also a victim of the disease, seeking timely Gout Prevention is very vital to stop the progression of the disease. There are various medications available these days to treat Gout. They can be broadly categorized as NSAIDs, corticosteroids, uricosuric agents, and Xanthine Oxidase inhibitors. Almost every medication come with a side effect or the other. In view of the side effects involved with these chemical formulations to treat the disease, more and more people are reverting to natural remedies to treat the Gout. Natural methods for treatment of Gout include a blend of home remedies for the disease, dietary modifications, and changes in the lifestyle. Most common easy-to-follow methods for Gout Prevention include:
- Exercising – For those who are less active are more prone to the development of the disease. In order to get rid of the awful joint pain, one needs to be more active. Trying out simple yoga techniques, going for a short walk, or light jogging are a few things that can help improve joint mobility.
- Eating a low-purine diet – Purines are the major contributors towards development of excess uric acid in the body. Avoiding foods that are high in purines can significantly help with Gout symptoms. These may include Almonds, apple, apricot, avocado, barley without husk, beans, alcohol free beer, beetroot, broccoli, carrot, and cauliflower. A Gout patient should change to a diet that has low-fat dairy products and foods that are low in purine content.
- Rest to the joint – It is important that the joint be rested in an easy way to ease off the pain. Resting the painful joint and doing soaks of Epsom salt can help ease off the trouble associated with the symptoms.
- Avoidance of stress – Avoiding stress by all means can greatly help prevent Gout attacks. It is apt to say that healthy mind resides in a healthy body. Stress leads to plenty of other problems including Gout.
- Ample fluid intake – It can flush out the excess uric acid from the body. Increasing the intake of clear liquids can help remove the toxins from the body. Every Gout patient should take at least 8 glasses of water on a daily basis.
- Shedding those extra pounds – Excess weight gain invites a number of health problems including Gout. By all means, stress should be laid on shedding the extra kilos by following a weight-loss regimen.
- Reduction in alcohol intake – Alcoholic beverages can greatly accelerate the production of uric acid in the body. It is very vital to cut on the intake of alcohol including beers.
- Moderation of intake of caffeine – Whereas drinking three to four cups of coffee a day can greatly help reduce the disease symptoms, drinking the same in excess can give rise to development of disease. Drinking caffeinated colas should also be kept in moderation to keep the uric acid production in control.
- Using home remedies – There are plenty of home remedies that comprise of natural formulations. Eating apples, cherries, and strawberries on a daily basis can also help significantly reduce the Gout symptoms.