Find out how Knowledge about Gout Foods Can Help Eliminate Gout Pain
Gout brings along intense pain and swelling of the body joints. The incredible discomfort that comes with a Gout attack can only be fathomed by the patient of Gout. The Gouty pain can be severe to an extent where the joint can be tender to the point that even a feather touch is excruciatingly painful. With right information on Gout Foods to eat and avoid, the disease symptoms can be tackled to a great extent. In order to navigate your view to an effective treatment for Gout, one should have a compiled list of foods to avoid and foods to take when suffering from Gout. An effective diet plan for Gout patients can greatly bring down their amount of pain and suffering. This write-up outlines the useful information about Gout Foodsto provide help to patients suffering from Gout. Following the keys to combat disease symptoms:
- AVOIDANCE OF FOODS RICH IN HIGH PURINE CONTENT – Purines are known to accelerate the formation of uric acid in the body. Foods that are rich in purine content are the culprits for brining on the Gout attacks. Avoidance of such foods can greatly help keep away the pain and inflammation that comes along with the disease. Most commonly used foods that are very high in purine content are – fish, liver, mushrooms, sweet bread, spleen, heart, brain, legumes, lentils, beers, etc.
- INTRODUCING LOW-PURINE DIET – Cutting back on high purine foods and replacing them with foods that are low in purine content can greatly ease off the formation of uric acid crystals. Almonds, apple, apricot, avocado, barley without husk, beans, alcohol free beer, beetroot, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower, low-fat cheese and yoghurt are the healthy options for Gout patients.
- FRUITS LIKE BANANAS, STRAWBERRIES, AND CHERRIES – Bananas are rich in potassium that can help Gout patients. Strawberries are known to have properties to neutralize the effects of uric acid. Cherries are also known as wonder berries for Gout patients that come loaded with anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition to that fruits that are rich in vitamin C are also known to considerably help Gout patients get relief from the symptoms.
- SAY ‘NO’ TO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: All the alcoholic beverages including beer are known to precipitate the production of uric acid in the body. It is important to replace all alcoholic beverages with fresh fruit juices which are a healthier option and can help keep your disease free.
- MODERATE THE CAFFEINE INTAKE: Frequency of drinking caffeinated beverages like tea, coffee or sodas should be limited. Caffeine is known to exacerbate the production of uric acid in the body that can cause hyperuricemia and hence Gout.
- INTRODUCE EXERCISE: Sedentary lifestyle invites a lot of health troubles that may occur because of weight gain. Obese people are more prone to hypertension and kidney malfunction that can account for development of Gout. Introducing light exercise like walking can help shed the extra weight besides keeping the Gout symptoms at bay.
- DRINKING AMPLE CLEAR FLUIDS: Drinking two to three liters of water a day can greatly help flush out the toxins from the body including uric acid. Ample water intake can keep the body free from the effects of toxins and eliminates the chances of getting uric acid mixed up with the blood stream.